Happy SUNNY Monday!
There are quite a few very brief notes about tomorrow and the coming week – please read through until the end!
TOMORROW, FEBRUARY 13TH:
- FREE DRESS!!
- If your child didn’t bring his/her Valentine’s gift in yet, be sure to send tomorrow!
- If you volunteered for snacks, please send in with your child in the morning (and thank you!!)
- If your child would ALSO like to bring individual valentine cards for each student, they are welcome to do so
REST OF THE WEEK:
- Ash Wednesday Mass – join us!
- No School Friday
- Mid-Winter Break Next Week
- Thank you for helping us keep to the uniform policy. The only sweatshirts/sweaters allowed in the classroom are: the SMS zip-up fleece, SMS zip-up vest, navy vest, navy cardigan, or the SMS crew neck sweatshirt.
- Consider visiting our class website, under “What Are We Up To”, and check out our AWESOME climate zones!! http://3rdgrade.smsbellevue.org
- You can also always find a PDF of our weekly homework and important upcoming school/classroom dates on the website.
There is not a lot to report today, so I’ll make it brief!
There are two weeks left until mid-winter break and the kids are certainly getting antsy!
We will be celebrating Valentine’s day on Tuesday, February 13th at 2pm.
- Thank you to those of you who volunteered to send in snacks! You can send them in at anytime.
- The students have been getting excited about their Valentine projects! Just a reminder – those are due on FRIDAY. No exceptions! (unless there is fresh food involved, then have your child speak with me so I know that a gift will be coming in later)
- On February 13th we will also be celebrating the 100th Day of School!
- And to top it off, February 13th is FREE DRESS 🙂
Ash Wednesday is Wednesday, February 14th. We’d love to have you join us for Mass!
Happy (Rainy) Monday to All!
It’s officially Catholic Schools Week and we will be spending the week learning about our school and faith through fun activities and projects.
- Tomorrow (Tuesday) is PJ day! Wear your comfy clothes 🙂
- Wednesday is Grandfriends Day and Pancake breakfast. – UNIFORM DAY. Mass starts at 8:45 so I will meet your students in the Koinonia Room. They may sit anywhere in the church as long as they have an adult with them. If not, they are welcome to sit with me in our usual Mass section.
- Thursday is Sport Day!
- Friday is Crazy Mismatch Day!
I will be submitting Scholastic Book Orders on Wednesday, so please get your orders in!
There will be no spelling tests between now and Mid-Winter Break. Spelling will start up again after break!
Valentine Papers are going home in the homework folders today! Please keep the name SECRET!!
There is a project plan paper to fill out and return by Friday 2/2, please. The actual card and gift will be due next Friday, 2/9.
It’s the rainy season and we still go outside for recess! Please help remind your child to bring his/her waterproof coat to school.
Thank you! Please let me know if you have any questions,
Please read on for information about our Valentine’s party/gift exchange we do here in third grade.
Just a heads up that important papers will be coming home with your child on Monday in his/her homework folder. There is a pink, a purple, and a goldenrod paper detailing the unique way we will be celebrating Valentine’s Day this year.
Instead of a valentine for every student in the class, we will have a homemade gift exchange in which students will draw the name of another student in class and be asked to thoughtfully make a gift and a card the other student would like (similar to secret santa). If your child would like to supplement the homemade gift with a purchased item, there is a $5 limit.
Students will take a preference survey this week (what is your favorite candy, sports team, book, hobby, etc) so your child will have a little bit of information about the other student’s likes/dislikes and have a starting point for the gift (purple sheet).
Your child will need to fill out a “plan” (the goldenrod sheet) and return to school by Friday, February 2nd.
This year Valentine’s Day falls on Ash Wednesday. Usually we avoid having parties/celebrations during Lent, so we will celebrate our Valentine gift exchange on Tuesday, February 13th. We will have some treats, exchange gifts, and watch a movie with the remaining time. It is very low-key, but the students enjoy it!
I ask that students bring their gift for the exchange to school on Friday, February 9th, so that I can be sure that every student has a gift.
Would you like to donate a snack to our party? Reply to this email with your snack donation of choice. Ideas: popcorn, cut up fruit, cut up veggies, Valentine cookies, pretzels, juice boxes, fruit snacks, etc.
Happy Monday, 3rd Grade Parents!
Just a few quick reminders/updates for today:
- I have been working on updating our classroom website. In addition to finding the handbook and the calendar of upcoming events, you can find homework packets, these update emails, AND A NEW SECTION called “What Are We Up To!?” where I will be uploading pictures and short blurbs about what we are doing in class! Please stop by the classroom website and check it out! http://3rdgrade.smsbellevue.org
- Hanna Bogen Novak is speaking to parents about how to support the emotional regulation of children. It was originally scheduled to be in the Koinonia room, but will now be held in the Social Hall from 8:45-9:45 on Friday, January 26th. I highly recommend you attend!
- Invite family and friends to attend our Open House on Sunday, January 29th from 9:30-12:00! We would love to meet any potential students and families!
- Catholic School’s Week is next week!
Monday 1/29: SMS School Spirit Day (move-a-thon shirts, SMS hoodies, any SMS colors or spirit clothing)
Tuesday 1/30: Pajama Day!
Wednesday 1/31: Uniforms! Grandfriends Mass at 8:45 and pancake breakfast to follow! No hot lunch today!
Thursday 2/1: Sports Team Day (NFL, NBA, MLB, College Teams, etc)
Friday 2/2: Mismatched Day (crazy patterns, backwards shirts, crazy socks, crazy hair, etc).
One last thing: in 3rd grade, we celebrate Valentine’s day a little different than bringing in Valentine Cards and candy for everyone. I will be sending out an email later in the week describing how we celebrate!